Monday, March 28, 2016


Week 8 & 9! Oh my! So much to say!! I didn't write a blog post for Week 8 because it was pretty much the same as Week 7. It was smooth sailing and my son was so adjusted to the schedule I didn't want to write a blog that said: same as last week, have a good one!!!

Now, Week 9!! WHAT A WEEK THAT WAS!!! My little one has had a couple of colds, but they were very mild! Last week he got his first very big cold and guys, let me tell you, it was bad. When I say it was bad, it was more like, soul crushing, sleep deprived, snotty fuzzy bundle of AWFUL!

I replace a nursing session usually on Mondays. I picked the bedtime nursing as the one I was going to replace. It was a very tough decision but I picked the bedtime feeding because I enjoy the morning feeding the most. The bedtime feeding was getting to be too much. My son would thrash during the whole feeding, he started biting and it was just so frustrating that it was taking all the magic away from nursing him. I wasn't looking forward to it. Not only that, I loved nursing him to sleep but because he was fuzzing so much while feeding, I had to cut them shorter and he was still awake and upset so I had to rock him for so long to get him to sleep or let him cry too long. Because of all of this, I decided to replace that feeding with a bottle. Monday came and I noticed after nursing my son in the morning that he wanted to nurse again after an hour had passed. I gave him a bottle with a couple of ounces and gave him extra cuddles. This kept happening all day long. By the end of the day I suspected that something was brewing and maybe he was either going through a growth spurt or he was getting ill. I decided to wait and see what was going on so I nursed him that night and put him to bed. My instinct was right!! After 30 minutes, he woke up crying. We settled him and 30 mins later he woke up crying again. He was so stuffy and he just couldn't breathe. That was waking him up. To make the story short, he cried all night. He finally went to bed at 3 am and woke up at 6. The rest of the week was the same. No sleep, fuzzy, snotty baby. It was so hard to see him like this and I just kept nursing him in the morning and in the afternoon the rest of the week so he could get some antibodies from me.

Now, Sunday I finally was able to replace the last feeding for a bottle and it went fine. I didn't feel engorged this morning so hopefully this week will go smoothly. I have to say, I love nursing my son in the morning!!!! My husband usually picks him up around 6 am and brings him to our bed. I lay with my son and nurse him while cuddling. I let him nurse for as long as he wants and he always falls asleep cuddling with me. We stay like this until 9 am when we wake up and get ready for our day. It is the most special time of the day, and the one I love the most. I have to admit, I am not sure if I want to give that one up just yet. Maybe I will take longer to stop nursing just so I can enjoy the extra cuddles I get from my baby boy!!!! I will update you next week!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice