Sunday, February 28, 2016


Hi everyone! It's been a while since my last post! 

It is with a heavy heart that I say.... THE TEETHING MONSTER IS UPON US!!! 
**insert dramatic music**

Last week I made the decision of taking this weaning process a lot slower than anticipated not because my baby was refusing to wean but because mommy was having a hard time weaning herself from nursing. So, here I am, a week later, glad that I took it slower! My little on is having such a hard time lately! It is so hard to see him in pain. Last night, or should I say this morning, he woke up at 3 am and there was no amount of patting, shushing, rocking or Tylenol that could comfort him! So, I nursed him a lot today...more than usual, just because it's the only thing that can calm him. I was nursing 3 times a day last week, but today I nursed him 5 times since he was having such a bad day.

Anyways, let's talk about how it went before he started teething. This week I was going to replace a bottle for his 4 am nursing session. The first day went smoothly, he woke up, I gave him a bottle with 3 ounces of formula, he drank 2 and fell asleep. I was able to put him down on his crib and he slept till 7 am. I was doing my happy dance because it was soooo easy....and then he was like....don't start dancing just yet mommy! The next morning, I went in with his bottle and gave it to him... at 4 am... what happened? He was so awake. I could not put him down to sleep after that. I thought it was a fluke, so I did the same thing the next morning and again, fresh as a daisy at four in the morning and mommy walking half dead the rest of the day. I decided that I was just not going to give him the breast or a bottle. He is taking his normal formula bottles the rest of the day, I am now giving him 8 ounces instead of 6 since I am not feeding him at night. I know his pediatrician told us that he really doesn't need the calories at night, but still I feel like he should take a bit more during the day then. 

It was all good until last night, when he started crying hysterically! Last night was one of the toughest nights we've had so far. It's incredible what lack of sleep, a crying baby and general exhaustion can do to you. Not to mention the fact that I feel so helpless when it comes to soothing him! So, after I nursed him this morning I was able to put him down to sleep again on his crib but he woke up 40 minutes later crying again. So, I gave in, and at 6:30am I brought him to our bed. I know that bed-sharing is a very controversial topic, but it works for us! We don't share our bed everyday, but on occasion if he is feeling under the weather, we give him the extra cuddles he needs/wants. After all, they are babies for such a short period of time that I just want to breathe him in, and enjoy every cuddle I can.

This will be my schedule for this week as well, and hopefully that tooth emerges in the next couple of days. Our doctor told us that once it breaks through the skin the pain and discomfort goes away! So, please keep your fingers crossed for us and say a little prayer so we all, and specially my baby boy, catch some z's. Until next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice